Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Live Under a Bridge

So, last night, I was making a celebratory Sonic run. If you know me at all, you know I loves me some Diet Coke. On the rocks. With a twist.

I was celebrating learning that I was one of two of the top candidates for an amazing job. I had been hoarding my Christmas Sonic card balance for occasions such as these. Since I am currently unemployed, my $60/mo (+) Diet Coke habit had to go.

No one could bring me down! I pulled up to my usual spot. Yes, I have a usual parking spot at "my" Sonic. Let's move past it. I ordered a Route 44 Diet Coke, light ice. Always light ice. I paid with my gift card, happy to see that I still have $5.94 left.

I still had my window down, due to the balmy weather. I love San Antonio during the winter!

This homeless guy walked in front of my car and asked for $1.

The conversation went like this:

"Hey, can I have $1.00?"

"Sorry, I don't have it."

I don't have it to spare.

"Come on, it's only a dollar."

"No, I'm unemployed. I paid with a gift card."

"Man, I live under a bridge!"

Not my problem. (Yep, I'm that bitch.)

"No."

"Nooo!" The homeless guy actually mocked me and made a face!

I am ashamed to say I stared him down as he moved along to the next car to beg further. And he stared down back.

Then he got chased back to his bridge by the Sonic manager.

I wish there was a moral to this story. The only moral is, don't mess with me when I'm trying to get my hands on some Diet Coke. Even if you're homeless.

3 comments:

  1. Ummmmm.... I just got SO ridiculously excited that you started a blog! And that you wrote about Sonic! And a guy who lives under a bridge! Bwahahahahahhahahah! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be that bold...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIF, I just go SO ridiculously excited that you commented :)

    Ali--I was a woman in need of caffeine :)

    ReplyDelete