Saturday, January 1, 2011

Epic Fail



Okay, "epic" might be a bit dramatic.

I got this idea from a blogger I read religiously.

You write down everything you want for yourself in a man, life, 2011, etc. Whatever you want. Then, after midnight on the 1st, you light it on fire. The idea is to send it out into the universe. I was SO on board with this idea. SO excited to put it all out there, symbolically, and hope that that trickles into how I live my life in 2011.

So I wrote out everything I wanted in a guy. I'm not very poetic or eloquent, so I just did bullet points. Hoping the New Year would bring someone wonderful into my life!

So, after coming home from a friend's New Year's Eve party, I went out on my back porch/patch-of-concrete-too-small-to-be-called-a-porch and lit my paper on fire.

Match after match after match yielded nothing more than a smolder. The paper was not burning hardly at all.

It was the damn wind. It blew out match after match after match. Every edge of the folded up piece of paper was seared, but definitely not released into the universe.

What were you trying to tell me, Universe?


Anyway, it was cold, so I gave up. Well, it was Texas cold, like 54 degrees Fahrenheit. I bet the windchill was like 52.


And my list sure did include "calls me out on my sh*t" and "thinks I'm hilarious." I'm both open and egotistical like that.

As of 2100 hours today, my man list is officially released into the universe. The ashes are in my flower pot, if you want proof.

Here's to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment